The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) conducts Company Secretaryship (CS) examination. CS-Foundation Program is the qualifying exam and the prerequisite for 10+2 candidates (undergraduates) to progressively pass the Executive and Professional Program that eventually leads to the bestowing of the designation of Company Secretary to a candidate qualifying for the membership of the Institute.
Candidates who have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination of a Board/University constituted by law in India or any examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto are eligible.
Provisional admission is allowed to a candidate who has appeared or enrolled for appearing in Senior Secondary (10+2 or equivalent) examination, provided proof of passing the examination is produced within 6 months of making the application.
Registration Fee for General Category - Rs. 4,500/-.
Examination Fee for General Category – Rs. 1,200/-
SC/ST candidates are required to pay only 50% of the fees payable by General Category candidates
Official Website :
Registration for Foundation Programme is valid for three years
- SESSION I (Two papers, 200 marks)
- Paper 1: Business Environment and Entrepreneurship (50 questions, 100 marks)
- Paper 2: Business Management, Ethics & Communication (50 questions, 100 marks)
- SESSION II (Two papers, 200 marks)
- Paper 3: Business Economics (50 questions, 100 marks)
- Paper 4: Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing (50 questions, 100 marks)
- A candidate shall be declared to have passed the Foundation Programme examination if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of forty per cent marks in each subject and fifty per cent marks in the aggregate of all the subjects put together.
- Session 1 (Morning): 90 minutes
- Session 2 (Afternoon): 90 minutes
How to apply
- Students wishing to apply for ICSI CS course (Foundation or Intermediate) have to register online on www.icsi.edu. There is no provision available for offline registration.
Mode of Test
- Examination would be conducted in OMR system comprising objective type multiple choice questions.
Date of Test
- Last Date for Seeking Admission: 31st March for appearing in December Examination in the same year.
- 30th September for appearing in June Examination in the next year.
- The examination will be held across 88 cities across India and 1 overseas exam centre (Dubai).
Parents of a class I student of Saraswati Vidyamandir in Mahim have alleged that the girl was not allowed to write three final exam papers as they had not paid Rs 1,650 as fees towards the Abacus class.