Lakshay Sharma, a 17-year- old boy from Lucknow, has won international scholarship worth Rs 2 crore. According to an HT report, Lakshay wants to pursue a course in engineering in computer science and physics at University Pennsylvania - an Ivy league university.
He secured a perfect 800 score in three SAT subject tests (physics, chemistry and mathematics II), an ACT composite score of 35 out of 36, and a TOEFL score of 115 out of 120.
Inception of his story:
- He built his profile for admission to a top-ranked university in the United States
- He prepared himself when he was in Class 10.
"When I was in grade 10, I had the good fortune of coming into contact with Sanjeev Sir, who advised me on applying to US universities. He became my mentor and guided me in my preparation for the standardised tests needed for admission to the most selective universities. He gave me especially rigorous training for the ACT," he said
- Won a gold medal in the IJSO 2015
- Won bronze medal in the IOAA 2015
- Achieved All India Rank 13 in the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- Secured full scores in the standardised tests like ACT, all three SAT subject tests and all three AP exams
Praising the boy, Sanjeev Pandey, who mentored him at USA UnivQuest said, "We are proud to have identified, groomed and polished this gem for the world. Lakshay has proved his ability to compete with the best minds across the world."
Apart from this, Sharma enjoys the beautiful sights of galaxies and nebulae in the eyepiece of my telescope. Also, he loves to play the synthesiser and participate in quizzing competitions to to sharpen my scientific instincts and speed.
-with inputs from Hindustan Times